Ventura County has two separate small claims court locations. Ventura also has a small claims court advisor.
Ventura County is the proper venue for a case if any of the following is true:
- The defendant is located within Ventura County
- The property damage occurred in Ventura County (broken window, automobile damage)
- The contract was signed in Ventura County
- if the contract was signed in Ventura County
- if the buyer resided in Ventura County when the contract was signed
- if the buyer resides in Ventura County when the claim is filed
- if the vehicle is permanently garaged in Ventura County
Ventura County Small Claims Court Advisor
The Small Claims Court Advisor is available to help answer any questions regarding the prosecution or the defense of a small claims court action. The small claims court advisor is located at:District Attorney’s Office Hall of Justice, Room 314 800 S. Victoria Avenue Ventura, CA
The advisor can also be contacted by telephone at (805) 654-5054. The hours for the advisor are 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. The advisor offers these services to all for assistance with their Ventura County Small Claims Court case at no charge.
Ventura Small Claims Court
The Ventura Small Claims Court is located at:800 S. Victoria Ave. Ventura, CA
The telephone number for the location is (805) 662-6691.
Simi Valley Small Claims Court
The Simi Valley Small Claims Court is located at:3855-F Alamo Street Simi Valley, CA
The telephone number for this location is (805) 582-8078. If your case arose in the Eastern portion of the County, your hearing will be at this location.